Saturday 18 May 2013

NOTD MUA ~ Strawberry Crush

Sorry folks, seem to have been MIA during the last fortnight.  I've been up to my ears in end of year PTA stuff, making a new website for Alfie's primary school & being appointed the school's press officer so it's all been a bit manic here but I've sussed my time management now to enable me to get back onto my blog!
 
A couple of weeks ago I decided to try out some new MUA nail polishes in the gorgeous new pastel ice cream shades that are all too popular at the minute.  Usually being a bright or dark nail polish wearer, I wasn't & still am not sure if these colours are really 'me'.   But seeing as I adore seeing them on other people I thought I'd give them a try & for only £1 a bottle, well, it'd be rude not to frankly! 
 
 
 
 
1.  Lush Lilac
2.  Strawberry Crush (colour reviewed)
3.  Frozen Yoghurt
4.  Moody Mink
5.  Pistachio Ice Cream
 
I found the polish itself to be on the thinner side & the coverage would've been perfect with 3 coats but the photo below shows it with just 2 coats - still not bad at all though & I adore the bright burst of summer colour.  I wasn't holding out much hope for the longevity of them given the price but fair dues, I've still managed to get a full week with no chipping or flaking which I have to say, I'm ridiculously impressed with.  I think the fact it was teamed with my trusty China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat & Seche Vite top coat has definitely added to the staying quality of the polish.
 
I will swatch the other 4 colours asap & do a follow up post but for now, these fabulously priced dinky little bottles of polish are a really great buy & I will no doubt be adding more to my polish collection swiftly!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...