Thursday 30 May 2013

Fifty shades of grey (hair!)

So here's the thing, I (sadly but genetically) started getting grey hair at the tender age of 18.  It didn't seem a biggie way back then when it was just a few silver stragglers, nothing a good semi & some highlights couldn't cover, but over the years the greys rapidly multiplied, at a rate far quicker than I was happy about!
 
About 5 or 6 years ago, when I'd let my hair re-growth go a week longer than usual, I noticed to my horror that my roots were nearly all white near my temples.  My sister (a hair stylist) took great delight in pointing this out to me &, well to cut a long story short, now I am apparently 85% grey all over *sob*!! 
 
As anyone with lots of grey hair knows, your hair becomes really coarse, wiry & more & more difficult to colour & I've found over the last couple of years that DIY hair colours that always used to cover my grey, weren't doing so anymore.  As my hair grows at a ridiculous rate, I have to colour my roots every 3 weeks - 4 weeks at a real push.  When I find I'm having a conversation with someone & their eyes keep straying to my hair, I know I've left it too long!  Or when my 6'1" husband stands over me, sucks in air & says, "whoa hun, time to do your colour.......!!"
 
I've tried just about every DIY hair colour available & I'm very happy to say that I've now found one that is fabulous & covers every single grey hair.....in just 10 minutes!!  Step forward Superdrug Salon Radiance & take a bow!
 
 

 
I forgot to take a photo of the packaging before I threw it away so I've taken the image from the Superdrug website.
 
This is a really great hair colourant & all for the bargain price of £5.09.  I also refreshed the rest of my hair with a Superdrug semi too as it was looking a bit faded & dull & I'm really pleased with the results.
 

 
 
So that's me done & feeling not too scummy-mummy-like for another 3 weeks until I do it all again!!  Bravo Superdrug on a fantastic product that even my new hairdresser complimented me on!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...