Tuesday 18 June 2013

Crail Food Festival 2013

 
Last weekend saw the 3rd annual Crail Food Festival being held & as for one reason or another we'd missed the last 2 years, I was really looking forward to going this year.  We went on the Sunday when the festival moved outdoors to the stunning Crail harbour & I'd pre-booked good weather for this....... & luckily, the Weather Gods were compliant as it was glorious!
 
The Crail Food Festival celebrates the best of the regional produce with stands where you can sample & purchase delicacies from local businesses such as The Pittenweem Chocolate Company, Chillilicious, The Doorstep Bakery, Balgove Larder, St Andrews Brewing Company,  St Andrews Farmhouse Cheese Company & many more.  I'm sorry for not naming everyone but you can check the CFF website for a full list of participants.
 

 
 
We had a fabulous couple of hours wandering round, taking in the sights, smells & tastes.  I have to say though, I love Spink's Arbroath Smokies so that's where I head to first, letting my nose lead the way!
 
 
Crail itself is a fishing town in the East Neuk of Fife, made up of winding streets with beautiful stone & white-washed buildings, some dating back to the 17th century.  I spent many childhood summers in the town of Anstruther, just a few miles down the road but I'd never really walked around Crail before.  I can't wait to go back & explore it properly, camera in hand, as always!
 

 
 
 
We finished off our day with a late lunch at The Vic in my beloved St Andrews!  We'd not been in here before but have wanted to try it for a while & we weren't disappointed. Great food, friendly staff, funky decor & Etch-a-Sketches for the kids (although I think maybe they could provide ones for adults too as we had bickering between wee man & Mr F about who was going to use it next!!)
 
 
 
Sorry for all the photos but I took hundreds & it was really hard to pare them all down!
 
À la prochaine!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...