Thursday 27 March 2014

Library overhaul ~ the reveal!!


You might recall my blog post back in November about myself & two other mums from my son's primary school doing up our school library.  Well after months of hard work, completely redecorating & designing the two rooms we were given to use & sifting through & cataloging over 3000 books, we finally had our grand opening a week ago!!

We were really nervous as we wanted the kids to love it but we had nothing to worry about as they all think it's amazing!!  We're really proud of what we achieved with very little money - and a lot of imagination! - so I thought I'd share some before & after photos (taken from roughly the same viewpoint) with you all!







I'm soooo happy with how my Gruffalo wall display turned out.  I said from the start that I wanted to do one as I just adore The Gruffalo book but I then worried that I wouldn't be able to do it as I'm really not an artistic person!  But I don't think I did too badly - and I even managed to get my real branch hanging into the room too although the photo doesn't show the twinkly fairy lights we hung from it!!

Hopefully we've given the kids a really inspiring & comfortable library & music room to use rather than 2 bookshelves in a corridor like they had before!  We now just have to train up the P6 & P7s to be Junior Librarians so they can run the library themselves (with the occasional supervision from us!)

So that's what's been taking up my time for the last 3 months as we've been in the school working pretty much every day since January!!  I feel a bit lost now though & need a new project to do as I've got the decorating & design bug again now.  Actually, there's a blank corridor in the school that's crying out for a huge mural........!



4 comments:

  1. For some reason this suddenly reminded me of Challenge Annika! Remember that show?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh, well we were all wearing CSI style overalls at one point!! ;)

      Delete
  2. It looks amazing! You should all be so proud of yourselves! Ax

    http://couscousandcorkwedges.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've just been asked by the head if I'll go in once a week to do artwork & wall murals with the kids.....should be interesting!! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...