Sunday 26 January 2014

December book club review


It's a bit lot late I'm afraid but we thought that for December, we'd have a nice, light read so someone suggested This Year It Will Be Different by Maeve Binchy.  




My heart sank a little as I'm not really a fan of Maeve Binchy & then it sank even more when I realised it was a book of short stories.  I just don't like short stories - I like to sink my teeth into a lengthy tale, not for one to end just as it starts picking up!

This was also supposed to be a lighthearted read with some Christmassy tales in it but oh my god, I was getting so depressed reading these!  I'm afraid this book really didn't float my boat but unfortunately I didn't get to rant about it as I was in bed with flu when we had our book club meeting!!

January's read was much better, I'll post about it very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...