Wednesday 25 September 2013

NOTD Rimmel Salon Pro ~ Rhythm & Blues

 
 
 
 
I have to be honest here & say that when I went to the shops the other day, I was on the hunt for After School Boy Blazer by Essie but it's still sold out everywhere so when I spotted this navy blue polish by Rimmel, I though I'd give it a shot instead!
 
I'm a huge fan of the regular Rimmel polishes but this is the first one I've tried of the Salon Pro range.  I love the colour although it's not as blue as I'd like, it looks more like a black with a slight blueish tinge to it to me!  Both of my daughters asked why I'd painted my nails black.....
 
I don't think the longevity is great, I started getting some serious wear on the tips just the following day, not at all great.  To be honest, I find the regular Rimmel polishes wear much better.
 
Although I thought the brush was just the right size & firmness, I hated the short stumpy lid, I found it really difficult to hold & control.  The first coat was really streaky but it covered perfectly in 2 coats & as always, I finished it off with Seche Vite top coat.
 
So, I don't hate it........but I don't love it either & I wouldn't rush to buy another from the Salon Pro range.  I think I'll stick to the regular ones!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...