Ok, so after months of deliberating, I've finally made a blog - yay me!! I'm still tweaking it so it may keep changing but my general witterings will stay the same!
Basically, I'm hoping to use this blog as a sort of mood board for my everyday life. You'll find my favourite recipes & wines, book reviews, beauty product reviews & well, a bit of everything that I love! You'll also realise pretty quickly how I'm really not looking forward to turning 40......I certainly didn't give my permission for this milestone to suddenly creep up on me like it has - it just sounds so very grown up, not at all how I feel! I got my blog name from a scene in Ab Fab where Eddie's ex Marshall is in town with his American wife Bo. She starts to hyperventilate when asked about turning 50 & Marshall states that she hasn't started 'fifty therapy' yet!! I remember thinking, "yup, that'll be me when I'm about to turn 40!" so I'm hoping this blog will serve as my very own Forty Therapy!! Anyhoo........
I really enjoy reading other blogs & feeling like I'm getting to know the blogger through their words but I've decided to make this a bit easier for you by compiling a list that pretty much sums me up in 29 bullet points.........
- Favourite colours are red & black
- I am a self-confessed beauty product junkie
- Favourite patterns are leopard & polka dot
- I hate bad manners & rude shop-assistants/doctors' receptionists/waitresses etc
- The best noise is the glug glug of wine pouring at the end of the day
- I'm a rock chick through & through......unless we're talking about Robbie Williams......I love RW!!
- Favourite films are Thelma & Louise & Grease
- Favourite tv show is Friends (yes, even now!)
- I can't stop buying cook books
- I love to cook & especially bake.......& then scoff said baked goods!
- Favourite tipple is red wine, Shiraz for everyday or Chateauneuf du Pape for special occasions
- I despise tea, I'm a cawfee girl, always have been, always will be
- I love winter & cosying up in front of the fire
- I never have bare toe nails....ever, nail polish all the way!!
- Stationary shops have a strange magnetic draw for me. Stick me in Paperchase for an hour & I'm a happy camper!
- Rome & Marrakesh are next on my list of places to visit
- I love Disneyworld!!
- Peonies & tulips are my favourite flowers.
- I don't like roses, chrysanthemums or carnations
- I'm very envious of arty, creative people
- I was a beauty therapist & makeup artist BC (before children that is!)
- I never leave the house without mascara.....I've tried.....I don't like it, I felt naked......
- Married in Las Vegas in '96, still love my man like crazy :)
- I love to read & have a ridiculous amount of books & adore my Kindle app on my iPad
- I'd really love an old VW Campervan....but it must be red with cream leather seats & Cath Kidston curtains!
- Facebook & Twitter ARE my social life now.....sad, I know......
- I'm totally addicted to Pinterest, espcially the wedding boards...which is weird seeing as I've been married for 17 years!
- My kids rock!!
- In my head, I'm still 18 & a size 8.......& then the mirror is evil & shows me the truth!
So, that's pretty much me. I hope you keep popping back to read my ramblings whether they be short or lengthy!